HALE MAKUA LONG-TERM CARE
Our experienced and highly-trained staff provide compassionate care for each resident according to his or her individual needs, in an atmosphere of dignity, respect, fun, encouragement, and aloha. Hale Makua is renowned for its beautiful grounds, with each room looking out to well-maintained courtyards of lush foliage. Meandering paths and intimate patios invite residents to enjoy a stroll or just relax in these lovely settings. There are also larger areas for group activities and socialization. Centrally-located nursing stations facilitate care and ensure timely response to resident needs. Combined, our locations in Kahului and Wailuku have accommodations for up to 378 residents, available in private, semi-private, and larger rooms.
For additional information about our long-term care services, please contact our Admissions Office at 808.871.9206 or email email@example.com
More often than not, we are at a loss when it comes to where to start the process for admitting a loved one into a long-term care facility or nursing home until they've experienced it. With this in mind, the first steps of the admissions process for both our Kahului and Wailuku facilities entail ensuring that following two criteria are met:
Referral from the physician, or discharge coordinators of acute hospitals, other facilities or Home Health by Hale Makua, must be initiated to be placed on the waiting list. A determination of skilled level of care for those who require services of a RN, physical, occupational or speech therapist, and other support services.
Financially eligible with adequate insurance coverage, which is provided by a long-term care insurance provider or Medicaid. Please note that due to Medicaid regulation and budget calculation determining cost share amounts, each case will be reviewed individually in the event that eligibility for Medicaid is affected, and exception will be made when appropriate.
When there is a vacancy or an anticipated vacancy, a pre-admission evaluation is conducted and an interview with the Admission Coordinator is arranged.
Service and Fees
Long-Term Care Services Include:
- Twenty-four hour nursing care
- Experienced staff who are licensed and certified
- Assistance with activities of daily living and personal care
- Special care for residents with dementia or Alzheimer's Disease
- Personalized diet catered to each resident's dietary needs and preferences
- Maintetary needs and preferences
- Maintenance level physical therapy
- Social and recreational activities
- Choice of religious services
- Laundry and housekeeping
- Social work services
- Skilled Nursing - Private Room $315
- Skilled Nursing - Semi Private Room $295
- Intermediate Care - Private Room $305
- Intermediate Care - Semi Private Room $285
- Skilled Nursing - 4 Bed Room $278
- Skilled Nursing - Semi Private Room $289
- Skilled Nursing - Private Room $310
- Intermediate Care - Ward (4 beds/room) $258
- Intermediate Care - Semi Private Room $269
- Intermediate Care - Private Room $290
Respite care is an ideal option for those who provide full-time care for a family member who needs a lot of help with daily activities or requires nursing care, so they can travel or just take a break. Our respite care program lets you leave your loved one in a safe, secure environment from anywhere from three to thirty days.
To be eligible for respite care, the individual must be under a physician's care and need nursing care or supervision. Services include:
- A private room
- Around the clock nursing care
- A personalized plan of care
- Personalized individual and group activities
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Customized exercise programs
- Three healthy meals and a variety of snacks
- Skilled therapy as prescribed by a physician
- Social work services
For rates and additional information about our respite care services, please contact our Admissions Office at 808.871.9206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.