The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Administrator in the Kahului Campus and works closely with the Administrator, Senior Managers and Kahului Leadership team.
- Composes letters, reports and other material involving work of a confidential nature. Provides information for reports and records through research, data retrieval, compiling and/or tabulating statistics, and organizing and presenting the information in useable and understandable formats.
- Coordinates scheduling and logistics for QAPI, Safety Committee, and other ad hoc meetings (i.e. PIP’s). Assists Administrator or meeting leader in developing meeting agenda. Ensures that meetings are documented by taking and distributing minutes of meetings as requested.
- Assists the Administrator with daily schedules and duties, to include managing calendars, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.).
- Prepares or provides documents for signature. Routes final copies as needed.
- Safeguards confidentiality by exercising discretion in communicating information to various internal and external stakeholders served by Hale Makua and in handling administrative records, files, and similar confidential items.
- Under the direction of the Administrator, provides administrative support to the Maintenance department, including monitoring preventative maintenance (PM) compliance and reporting using electronic work order system.
- Picks up, sorts, and distributes incoming mail for Administrator. Distributes information by interoffice mail, postal mail, fax and email. Performs mail merge to print letters, envelopes and other documents for distribution.
- Performs clerical tasks including, but not limited to, typing, filing, photocopying, completing forms, maintaining various logs, records and databases, inputting and compiling data and preparing periodic reports.
- Responds to questions and requests for information.
- Monitors current projects set by the Administrator and coordinates all team members involved to keep workflow on track.
- At the direction of Administrator, may assign new project tasks.
- Organizes and plans meetings with project manager.
- Apprises Administrator of project team goals/project schedules/new information and keeps all materials up-to-date. Strategizes with project manager as needed to accomplish goals.
- Communicates timeline changes and new information to team; tracks project changes and adjusts schedules as needed.
- Records minutes and takes detailed notes during project meetings.
- In charge of keeping track of all project-related paperwork; ensure all needed materials are current and properly filed and stored
- Tracks and analyzes project risks and recommend improvements
- Associates Degree in business or health related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two (2) years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in long term care setting preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in administrative support tasks, office organization, filing procedures, and business etiquette.
- Experience with relational database software, and the ability to perform data entry accurately.
- Ability to take accurate meeting minutes.
- Extremely well organized with exceptional time-management skills.
- Maintain a poised attitude under pressure with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Must demonstrate tact, discretion, and good problem solving in dealing with a variety of people and with confidential matters.
- Must demonstrate initiative and attention to details when given general instructions.
Non-Bargaining. The wage rate is based on relevant work experience and education.