Administrator, Wailuku Campus (Facility)
The Administrator is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer and supervises the Wailuku Directors of Nursing and Activities, Environmental Services Manager, Wailuku Administrative Secretary and staff of assigned departments. Works closely with other managers and campus staff. Acts as liaison to Board of Directors, and outside agencies. Will have frequent contact with all staff, residents, families, volunteers and the public. May consult Medical Director on resident care issues and problems.
- Provide on-site supervision of the Wailuku campus operations and activities; enforce policies and procedures. Collaborate with the C.E.O. and other Senior Managers regarding the delivery of resident care and support services to the Wailuku campus. Collaborate with the C.F.O. on fiscal matters and the C.H.R.O. on labor and human resources issues.
- Direct compliance, customer service, health and safety, fire prevention, and disaster preparedness programs at the Wailuku campus.
- Collaborate with the senior managers to ensure good communication and coordination between department heads and staff. Monitor departmental expenditures and manage campus revenue to achieve budget targets. Provide leadership and managerial support to achieve common goals and standards of excellence practice throughout Hale Makua Health Services. Manage a process of continuous quality improvement with the organization’s objectives, standards of performance and stimulate the development of consistent appropriate, collaborative operating policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development of strategic business plans, budgets, programs, collective bargaining proposals, and staffing, capital equipment, space utilization and customer service plans.
- Assist with interpreting organization policies and procedures for facility staff, residents, families, and outside agencies. Assist with investigating, resolving and documenting staff and resident complaints.
- Keep up-to-date on the developments in government regulations, the healthcare industries and the communities at large which may impact the operation of the campus.
- Promote intra and inter-campus and departmental cooperation. Confer with other managers regarding the identification of problem areas and the improvement of services.
- Manage morale and motivational issues. Support Hale Makua Health Service's mission by demonstrating the organization core value behaviors for respect, openness, teamwork and quality care.
- Assist with developing reporting mechanisms and reviewing appropriate data to monitor and control performance of departments under supervision or influence. Assist with analyzing departmental activities, developing and implementing plans to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide administrative representation to Hale Makua Health Services committees, professional or trade associations, community agencies and organizations as assigned.
- Graduate degree in business, public health, nursing, social work or related field with emphasis in health care administration. Extensive relevant management experience at a senior level may be considered in lieu of a graduate degree.
- Must hold and maintain Hawaii Nursing Home Administrator license.
- Five (5) years relevant administrative experience preferably in long-term care or other health care campus.
- Excellent management, leadership, organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of community agencies and organizations involved in the health care system.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and lead group discussion, write correspondence and reports, read and interpret complex government regulations and industry literature.
- Mathematical and analytical ability to evaluate and manage financial reports and budgets.
- Must work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Posses a genuine interest, empathy, patience and tact in dealing with geriatric and chronically ill residents and their families.
- Posses the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing programs.
Non-Bargaining. Salary based on education and relevant work experience.