Assistant Director of Nursing, RN (Wailuku)
The Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible to the Director of Nursing and supervises nursing staff and Neighborhood Supervisors. Must work closely with the Director of Nursing, Neighborhood Supervisors, Shift Supervisor, all nursing personnel, and staff in other departments.
- Plans, assigns, supervises and evaluates nursing activities on all neighborhoods, in coordination with the Director of Nursing, Neighborhood Supervisors, Charge Nurses and Shift Supervisor.
- Performs nursing rounds on all neighborhoods as needed.
- Ensures emergencies are promptly handled and reported appropriately.
- Adjusts staffing schedule as needed for assigned shift and replaces absent staff members.
- Assists staff nurses and nursing assistants with duties as needed.
- Facilitates communication and reports between shifts to enhance continuity of care.
- Maintains and completes necessary reports as instructed by the Director of Nursing.
- Communicates with families, residents, physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team as indicated. Keeps the Director of Nursing advised of issues relative to assigned neighborhoods and programs. Keeps staff informed of pertinent information related to the shift or their job.
- Assists with orientation of staff; monitors nursing skills of staff.
- Actively participates on committees and attends required meetings.
- Promptly investigates and follows up with all incidents and complaints.
- Attends seminars and networks with other professionals in the field to assure keeping abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and makes recommendations for changes in policies and procedures.
- Serves as consultant for skilled nursing procedures and techniques.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the selection, orientation, supervision, counseling, and formal corrective action of staff to improve performance as well as to ensure compliance with directives and established standards and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in determining departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the daily nursing needs of the residents in collaboration with the Staffing Supervisor. Reviews the schedule and replaces staff as required.
- Assists in investigating complaints and grievances and makes oral/written reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Assumes the responsibility for maintaining professional competence through participation in programs of continuing education.
- Meets with nursing department personnel on a regularly scheduled basis. Confers with other department heads regarding the identification and correction of problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Assists with admissions and discharges, including evaluation of residents for admission.
- As assigned, assumes responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in the event of the Director of Nursing's absence.
- Ensures supervised areas are abiding by CMS regulations and that nursing staff follow established safety policies and regulations.
Full-time position (Generally; Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm with some flexibility to hours of work)
- Valid Hawaii RN license required.
- Three (3) years nursing experience, including some supervisory experience.
- At least one (1) year each of acute hospital and long term care experience preferred.
Non-Bargaining. Salary based on nursing education and relevant nursing work experience.