Business Office Clerk
The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible to the Financial Controller. Must interact and communicate courteously with residents, family members, other staff members, vendors, and the general public.
A. Administrative Functions:
- Greets and screens all visitors, directing them to the proper persons and departments.
- Operates the switchboard, receives and routes all calls and messages to the proper person/department.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies in the administrative storage room and campus copy/mail rooms
- Processes all incoming US mail for the organization which requires the opening, sorting by destination and type, and distribution. Distributes Kahului interoffice envelopes to the appropriate departments.
- Serves as notary public for Hale Makua Health Services, Kahului location. Notarizes documents upon request. Maintains notary certification.
- Maintains contract log, paper and digital contract files, assists with proofing and comparing contracts. Works closely with the Financial Controller and CFO to ensure that insurance contracts are maintained properly and made accessible to the required internal parties.
- Acts as custodian of the fax and copier machines, which includes having a working knowledge of the machines, programming, training, replacing toner cartridges and calling for repair.
- Provides administrative support, including copying, filing, and faxing to the Business Office. Collects and distributes faxes for the Admin fax machine.
- Updates TV log and barber/beauty log.
B. Cashiering Functions:
1. Sells movie tickets and meal tickets. Receives payments and generates a receipt for payments made. Provides reimbursement for lost vending machines monies. Reconciles all monies in the petty cash fund assigned.
2. Acts as custodian of the operations cash receipts system. Receives all payments and logs all monies in the receipt book and other control logs; coordinates the endorsing of checks through various departments assuring that checks are accounted for at all times; closes batches for the credit card machine on a daily basis.
C. Clerical Functions:
1. Gathers, updates, and completes information for various reports, letters and schedules, including:
- Updates and distributes forms as required
- Merges and mails rate increase letters
- Processes state narcotic registration renewals
- Contacts Clinical Labs to obtain MMMC CLIA renewal information
- Completes Annual Social Security Representative Payee reports’
- Prepares the monthly meal ticket count
2. Prepares Billing Packets for distribution on a weekly basis.
3. Assists in the clearing of outstanding checks for the First Hawaiian Bank operations account.
4. Prepares and submits Monthly Long-Term Care Statements, if applicable.
5. Assists with sending out Board and Committee meeting packets and polling Board members for meetings, as requested.
6. Save copies of Billing Alert for Long-Term Care and Medicare newsletter to server and notifies R&R group.
D. Resident Trust Fund (RIA) Functions:
1. Accounts for and reconciles all charge slips in the RIA log.
2. Maintains computerized recordkeeping systems.
3. Reviews and summarizes postings and entries on subsidiary ledgers.
4. Answers inquiries for RIA account balances.
5. Responsible for cutting checks for RIA charges/medical payments.
6. Provide statements to residents in accordance with RIA policies.
Cross trains with other Business Office staff members and substitutes for them as directed.
Full-time. Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Graduate of an accredited school of business or the equivalent in on-the-job experience.
- Minimum of two years of relevant clerical/office experience to include experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word).
- Notary public license preferred. Must be able to obtain and maintain notary public certification.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with ten-key calculator and keyboarding.
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions and be able to multitask.
- Must use courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of people.
- Must work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Must be bondable.
ILWU Union Start Wages: $17.08/hr. then job rate of $17.98/hr. (after three months of service).