Clinical Quality Manager, Registered Nurse (RN)
- In conjunction with facility Administrators, sets QAPI guidelines and goals, collaborates with the Leadership team in instituting, monitors and improves Quality Improvement (QI) programs and measures, audits and summarizes clinical data, and facilitates quality initiatives to improve quality outcomes/measures.
- Oversees the QAPI Plan(s) for Hale Makua Kahului and Wailuku. Participates as a member of the QAPI team at both locations.
- Drives the QI process which includes data gathering and root cause analysis, works with care teams to develop and implement Process Improvement Plans (PIP), performs follow-through and teaching.
- Analyzes data with administrative and nursing management to formulate approaches to improve identified areas, including falls and infections other adverse incidents.
- Serves as a resource person to staff around specific infection control issues concerning specific residents or groups of residents. Reviews and updates infection control policies in conjunction with the Infection Control Preventionists and Infection Control Committee.
- Oversees the Clinical Development functions. Selects, orients, and supervises the Clinical Development Coordinator to ensure compliance with directives and established standards and procedures. May mentor nursing staff, assist with orientation, and lead staff education.
- Serves as the lead, in-house resource on the clinical components of Hale Makua nursing homes’ electronic medical record (EMR). Troubleshoots user issues and concerns. Works with vendor, system users, and IT team to optimize EMR functioning and leads process improvement efforts.
- Researches and drafts new clinical policies and procedures, or revises existing policies as needed, to ensure regulatory compliance and to make company-wide quality assurance practices more consistent. Works with key stakeholders as needed.
- Meets with administrative and nursing leadership on a regular basis. Confers with other department heads regarding the identification and correction of problem areas, and/or the improvement of services. Serves as consultant for nursing procedures and techniques.
- Serves as key liaison to all services, nursing, clinical, ancillary and administrative departments, medical staff, and committees throughout Hale Makua. Maintains and completes necessary reports as instructed by the Director of Nursing.
- Attends seminars and networks with other professionals in the field to assure keeping abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and makes recommendations for changes in policies and procedures.
- Actively participates on committees and attends required meetings.
- Stays abreast of federal and state laws and regulations. Ensures areas of oversight are abiding by CMS regulations and that nursing staff follow established safety policies and regulations.
- Assumes the responsibility for maintaining professional competence through participation in programs of continuing education.
- The Clinical Quality Manager is responsible to the Director of Nursing at Hale Makua Kahului and supervises the Clinical Development Coordinator (RN). Must work closely with the Nursing Home Administrators, Directors of Nursing, Neighborhood Supervisors (RNs), Shift Supervisors (RNs), all nursing personnel, and staff in other departments.
Valid Hawaii Registered Nurse (RN) license with three (3) years nursing experience, including one year in a supervisory capacity. BSN and at least one year each of acute hospital and long term care experience preferred.
Non-Bargaining. Wage dependent upon nursing education and relevant work experience.