Director of Environmental Services
The Director of Environmental Services supervises staff including hiring, scheduling, coaching, evaluating, disciplining, and other related duties.
- Plans department goals to meet with facility mission. Participates in both short and long range planning.
- Provides leadership and promotes teamwork within department and with other departments to accomplish these goals.
- Develops staff including providing orientation, training, in-services, and other education for staff on an on-going basis.
- Conducts and documents regular effective staff meetings.
- Plans budget based on needs of department and keeps expenses within the budget except as justified.
- Promotes open communication with staff and supervisor and keeps them updated of facility and department activities.
- Ensures staff is informed of facility and department policies and enforces their compliance.
- Ensures department meets required regulations including performance improvement activities, in-service attendance, and others.
- Prepares work standards, policies and procedures for department.
- Inventories and purchases equipment and supplies for department. Assures that the equipment and an adequate supply of clean linen are maintained at all times. Assures the appropriate and economic utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Inspects facilities areas and laundry, documents information and ensures deficiencies are handled.
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of department’s operations and develops and implements plans for continuous improvement.
- Maintains a line of positive communication, promotes teamwork, and supports the management team by promoting professional collaboration at all levels.
- Consistently maintains good working relationships with other units throughout the facilities.
- Adheres to safety/infection control polices and procedures.
- Attends mandatory in-service unless excused in advance by supervisor.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of all facility and facility related employee and resident information.
- The Director of Environmental Services is responsible to the Wailuku Administrator and supervises the Housekeepers and Laundry Workers.
- Must work closely with the Nursing department in coordinating room cleaning upon discharge or admission of a resident.
- Must work closely with all department heads/supervisors and may interact with residents and families.
- Requires cognitive, communicative and analytical skills normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Executive Housekeeper (CEH) or Registered Executive Housekeeper (REH) preferred.
- Five years management or supervisory experience in health care or hotel housekeeping to include housekeeping and laundry practices, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to health care facilities, supervision and management, safety and infection control regulations, computerized time and attendance systems.
- Must deal tactfully with staff, residents and visitors.
- Housekeeping and laundry are seven days a week operation and the Director may be called in for emergency situations.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Non-Bargaining. Salary based on education and work experience.