Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Coordinator
The Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Coordinator is responsible to the Administrator at Hale Makua, Kahului and must work closely with the Nursing Home Administrators, Directors of Nursing, Neighborhood Supervisors, Shift Supervisors, all nursing personnel, Health Information Management, HIM clerks, Billing, and staff in other departments.
- Serves as the lead, in-house resource on the clinical components of Hale Makua nursing homes’ electronic medical record (EMR).
- Maintains a comprehensive and current understanding of the EMR program capabilities and functionality.
- Develops training curriculum and workflow to successfully support practice of EMR updates.
- Works with vendor, system users, and IT team to optimize EMR functioning and leads process improvement efforts.
- Works closely with clinicians and EMR vendor to resolve and/or escalate practice concerns.
- Educates staff about upgrades and trains new employees in specialized use of the EMR software.
- Meets with administrative and nursing leadership on a regular basis. Confers with other department heads regarding the identification and correction of problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Serves as key liaison to all services, nursing, clinical, ancillary and administrative departments, medical staff, and committees throughout Hale Makua. Maintains and completes necessary routine and ad-hoc reports as directed.
- Stays abreast of federal and state laws and regulations. Ensures current EMR work flow follows regulations.
- Actively participates on committees and attends required meetings.
- Attends seminars and networks with other professionals in the field to keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and makes recommendations for changes in policies and procedures.
- Assumes the responsibility for maintaining professional competence through participation in programs of continuing education.
Full-time, Exempt. Standard Business Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm, Mondays to Fridays; unless required to work outside of those hours.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing or other health care related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years’ related experience, preferably in long term care. Experience in Nursing, Health information management or IT preferred.
- Should have knowledge of the principles and practices including, but not limited to geriatric and rehabilitative nursing. Should have knowledge of Hale Makua Health Services standards and state/federal regulations. Should have knowledge of principles of management and supervision. Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have genuine interest, empathy, patience, tact and diplomacy in dealing with long term care residents. Ability to effectively supervise and instruct staff. Able to communicate in a clear concise manner. Ability to communicate tactfully with persons of varying educational and cultural backgrounds using discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others. Professional appearance and demeanor.
Non-Bargaining. The salary rate is based on education and/or relevant work experience.