Revenue Cycle Specialist
Accounts Receivable Functions
Primarily responsible for billing and collections cycle.
Processes bills for payment utilizing billing software to complete claim forms using proper codification.
Contacts insurance companies or fiscal intermediary to resolve disputed claims or charges.
Ensure business office is compliant with all Medicaid rules and regulations by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Medicaid billing requirements.
Collaborates with Health Information Management department on coding errors or payments denials.
As needed, advises residents, families, or Admissions department on Medicaid insurance.
Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the chart of accounts and classification conventions of the entity.
Develops and maintains a working knowledge of software used to perform accounting and accounting-related tasks.
Provides assistance in preparation of annual audit.
Provides assistance in preparation of the annual budget.
Prepares ad-hoc job, cost and /or profitability models.
Provides assistance in risk and treasury related projects.
Participates in other related projects as assigned.
Cross trains with other Business Office staff members and substitutes for them as directed.
The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible to the Financial Controller. Must interact and communicate courteously with residents, family members, other staff members, vendors, and the general public.
Full-time. Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Graduate of an accredited school of business or equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Two years of experience required with Microsoft Office applications, including at least intermediate or higher level of proficiency use Excel.
- Minimum of one year of medical claims processing experience is preferred. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement methodologies is preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with ten-key calculator and keyboarding.
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions and be able to multitask.
- Must use courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of people.
- Must work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Must be able to work with supervisor to develop processes as needed.
Non-Bargaining wages dependent upon education and relevant work experience.