Shift Supervisor, RN
- Plans, assigns, supervises and evaluates nursing activities on the neighborhoods, for the assigned shifts in coordination with the Director of Nursing, charge nurses, and Nursing Supervisors.
- Makes nursing rounds on all neighborhoods at least twice on each shift. Monitors neighborhoods when staff nurses are on break or off the neighborhood.
- Assures emergencies are promptly handled and reported appropriately.
- Promotes safety programs. Responsible for personnel performance at fire drills on assigned shift.
- Adjusts staffing schedule as needed for assigned shift and replaces absent staff members.
- Assists staff nurses with duties as needed.
- Assume staff nurse duties when staff nurses are unavailable.
- Performs Continuous Quality Improvement studies and completes projects as assigned (i.e., infection control, MDS)
- Facilitates communication and reports between shifts to enhance continuity of care.
- Maintains and completes necessary reports as instructed by the Director of Nursing.
- Communicates with families, residents, physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team as indicated. Keeps the Director of Nursing advised of issues relative to assigned shift. Keeps staff on assigned shift informed of pertinent information related to the shift or their job.
- Assists with orientation of staff; monitors nursing skills of staff.
- Actively participates on committees and attends required meetings.
- Promptly investigates and follows up with all incidents and complaints.
- Responsible for In-Service training of personnel on the assigned shift as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for staff and volunteer TB skin testing, Hepatitis B immunization and follow-up as assigned by the Director of Nursing. Assures quality care as mandated by Hale Makua Health Services protocol, and state and federal regulations.
- Responsible to the Director of Nursing (Wailuku Campus) and supervises all nursing personnel during the assigned shift.
- Must work closely with the Director of Nursing, other Nursing Supervisors, all nursing personnel during assigned shift, and other departments.
- Full-time position; works primarily evening shift (2:30 pm to 11 pm) & occasional night shift (10:30 pm to 7 am)
- Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Three (3) years nursing experience with adequate supervisory experience. At least one year each of acute hospital and long term care experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nursing License in the State of Hawaii.
- Must have genuine interest, empathy, patience, tact and diplomacy in dealing with long term care residents. Ability to effectively supervise and instruct staff. Able to communicate in a clear concise manner. Ability to communicate tactfully with persons of varying educational and cultural backgrounds using discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others. Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including working an occasional weekend and some holidays.
Non-Bargaining. Salary based on nursing education and work experience.