Substitute Caregiver (Companion, CNA)
Our Caregiver Companion, CNA, provide direct services to the residents of the Adult Residential Care Home (ARCH), supporting their daily living needs. Responsibilities include:
- Providing and participating in recreational and social activities with residents to promote overall well-being.
- Assisting residents with activities of daily living (eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, ambulating) according to the resident's individual needs.
- Taking and recording weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration rates as directed.
- Answering phones and assisting visitors as needed.
- Performing light housekeeping and cleaning chores to keep residents’ rooms and the home clean, sanitary, and pleasant.
- Assisting residents who wish to launder their own clothing.
- Launder and distribute personal clothing for those residents who do not wish or are unable to launder their own clothing.
- Notifing the nurse in a timely manner of any incidents, any significant change in the resident’s health status, and/or mental or physical well-being.
- Complete and accurate charting of resident observations and activities.
- Driving a car or van and/or accompany residents to clinic appointments as necessary.
- Attending and participate in staff meetings, in-service educational programs, on-the-job training as directed/scheduled.
- Assisting with orientation of new ARCH staff.
Companions report to and are supervised by the Head of Household. Works closely with residents, their families, nurses, and other staff members.
Must complete a state approved Nurse Aide Training program. Must be certified in CPR and first aid. Preferred: Obtain & maintain Hawaii State Certification as a Nurse Aide. Previous experience in health care or providing personal care in a home setting preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license in the State of Hawaii, with a good driving record. Must be able to assist residents who have fallen, occasionally push residents occupying wheelchairs, lift and carry medical equipment, supplies and laundry weighing up to 50 lbs.
Start Wages (Part-time) $15.51/hr.