Home Health Aide
The Home Health Aide is responsible to the Clinical Manager and other professional team members.
- Provides activities of daily living (ADL’s) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL’s), assists with nursing, personal care needs, dietary requirements and environmental care as per the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Informs Case Manager/Clinical Management staff of changes in patients’ condition.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends and participates in all mandated meetings.
- Completes all charting and submits documentation to office within required time frame.
- Twelve (12) hours of in-service yearly; completes care task review yearly.
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, representatives and caregivers, as well as to other HHA staff.
Regular, full-time or Regular, part-time (+20 hrs/wk) with pro-rated benefits or Part-time (-20 hrs/wk) & no benefits.
- Minimum of one year of nurse aide experience preferred.
- Must complete a state approved training course and obtain a Hawaii state certification as a Nursing Assistant and/or complete a competency evaluation. A home health aide or nurse aide is not considered to have completed a program, if, since the individual's most recent completion of a program, there has been a continuous period of 24 consecutive months during which no nursing or home care services were furnished by the individual for compensation. If there has been a 24 month lapse in furnishing services for compensation, the individual must complete another program, before providing services.
- Must be reliable and able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Must maintain current driver’s license valid in the State of Hawaii, auto insurance & reliable transportation.
- Must maintain current basic CPR certificate.
Regular, Full-time or Regular, Part-time (+20 hrs/wk) with pro-rated benefits = Union Start Wage of $17.41/hr. then $17.76/hr. after three months of continuous service.
Part-time (-20 hrs/wk), no benefits = $17.76/hr. (orientation, meetings, etc.); $21.50/visit (other visit rates also available).